We Proudly offer these products from Detroit Speed!
ALUMA-FRAME FRONT SUSPENSION SYSTEM for 1964.5-70 MUSTANGS (BASE SHOCKS - FORD 5X4.5" BOLT PATTERN)All aluminum front suspension system for 1964.5 -1970 Mustangs featuring Detroit Speed’s unique suspension geometry with 6” of suspension travel for the ultimate in ride and performance.
Detroit Speed, Inc. Aluma-Frame Features:
• Unique cast aluminum cradle and mounting components resulting in a high strength to weight ratio and precise fitment
• Tubular upper and lower control arms
• ‘Detroit Tuned’ rack and pinion steering
• DSE/JRi aluminum coilover shocks with 'Detroit Tuned' valving available in fixed valve, single adjustable, double adjustable, or remote canister double adjustable versions
• Torrington Bearings
• Splined integrated style Sway bar
• Detroit Speed’s Speed-LIGN™ (patent pending) caster/camber adjusters allow a wide range of adjustability to be made precisely and quickly without needing any additional shims
• Utilizes aluminum uprights and hub packs with a Ford 5" x 4-1/2" bolt pattern
• Can fit up to P265/35R18 tires on a 9” rim on early models and up to P295/35R18 tires on a 10.5” rim on later models
• Retains stock framerails and inner fenders and only requires a small amount of fabrication for installation
• Engine mount kits available for Ford small block Windsor engines, Ford FE big block engines, Ford 4.6, 5.4, and Coyote 5.0 modular engines including the Boss 302; as well as, GM LS engines
• Spanner Tool for easy shock adjustments
• Forged Detroit Speed Spindle
• Composite Sway Bar Bushings
Base Shock: The DSE/JRI ‘Detroit Tuned’ base shock is a ‘pure blood pedigree’ racing shock in its most efficient form as a non-adjustable unit. Although non-adjustable, it shares all the increased dynamic responses of all the JRI adjustable models while providing excellent ride quality on the street.
Note: Sway bar arms are satin black, upper and lower control arms are gloss black.
Note: Must use at least 17” wheels that require a minimum inside wheel diameter of 16.250".
Note: The Aluma-Frame will need to be modified to clear the alternator on the Coyote engine application. Detroit Speed offers an alternator relocation bracket that will be required along with modifying the Aluma-Frame to fit the Coyote engine. Call for details.
Note: For competition applications, the Detroit Speed rack & pinion fluid transfer conversion kit will replace the hardlines on your Detroit Speed rack & pinion using -4 AN steel fittings. The hoses are Teflon lined to handle the high pressure demands of the steering system and come with pre-crimped stainless steel fittings to attach to the -4 AN fittings.
QUADRA-LINK REAR SUSPENSION KIT for 1964.5-70 MUSTANGS (BASE SHOCKS)This is a great way to upgrade from original leaf spring suspension. Unlike our competitors, our exclusive 4-link geometry design is uncompromised to achieve the best possible handling. The Detroit Speed “Swivel-Link” (Patent No. 7,398,984) allows the suspension to fully articulate with smooth solid motion with no binding. The best feature is that this is achieved without heim-joints. Heim-joints are noisy and wear out fast. The Detroit Speed, Inc. QUADRALink™ utilizes tuned high-durometer rubber bushings (in place of heim joints or squeaky urethane bushings). The long upper links provide great pinion and u-joint angle control. Contrary to competitors’ kits, our kit utilizes a panhard rod that provides precise and effective rear axle lateral location during hard cornering. The panhard rod is adjustable as ride height changes for roll center control. Also included is a rear sway bar. The sway bar is powdercoated gloss black and includes end links, bushings, and mounting brackets for installation. Don’t settle for anything less than Detroit Speed’s QUADRALink™ rear suspension!
Detroit Speed, Inc. QUADRALink Features:
• No compromises in suspension geometry
• Detroit Speed exclusive no-bind “Swivel-Link™” (Patent No. 7,398,984) technology
• Designed to work with Detroit Speed Mustang Mini-Tubs
• DSE/JRi Aluminum body coilover shocks with ‘Detroit Tuned’ valving
• Coilover Springs
• Upper floor pan crossmember assembly significantly stiffens rear body and frame section
• Long panhard rod for rear axle lateral control during hard cornering
• Adjustable mounting points for correct geometry at different ride heights
• Includes .750” OD x .156” wall rear sway bar
• Designed for a 3” Exhaust
• Spanner Tool for easy shock adjustments
• All links are powdercoated satin black
Note: Axle brackets require a 3" axle tube.