1964-1970 Mustang Aluma-Frame Front Suspension Kits
ALUMA-FRAME FRONT SUSPENSION SYSTEM for 1964.5-70 MUSTANGS (BASE SHOCKS - FORD 5X4.5" BOLT PATTERN)All aluminum front suspension system for 1964.5 -1970 Mustangs featuring Detroit Speed’s unique suspension geometry with 6” of suspension travel for the ultimate in ride and performance.
Detroit Speed, Inc. Aluma-Frame Features:
• Unique cast aluminum cradle and mounting components resulting in a high strength to weight ratio and precise fitment
• Tubular upper and lower control arms
• ‘Detroit Tuned’ rack and pinion steering
• DSE/JRi aluminum coilover shocks with 'Detroit Tuned' valving available in fixed valve, single adjustable, double adjustable, or remote canister double adjustable versions
• Torrington Bearings
• Splined integrated style Sway bar
• Detroit Speed’s Speed-LIGN™ (patent pending) caster/camber adjusters allow a wide range of adjustability to be made precisely and quickly without needing any additional shims
• Utilizes aluminum uprights and hub packs with a Ford 5" x 4-1/2" bolt pattern
• Can fit up to P265/35R18 tires on a 9” rim on early models and up to P295/35R18 tires on a 10.5” rim on later models
• Retains stock framerails and inner fenders and only requires a small amount of fabrication for installation
• Engine mount kits available for Ford small block Windsor engines, Ford FE big block engines, Ford 4.6, 5.4, and Coyote 5.0 modular engines including the Boss 302; as well as, GM LS engines
• Spanner Tool for easy shock adjustments
• Forged Detroit Speed Spindle
• Composite Sway Bar Bushings
Base Shock: The DSE/JRI ‘Detroit Tuned’ base shock is a ‘pure blood pedigree’ racing shock in its most efficient form as a non-adjustable unit. Although non-adjustable, it shares all the increased dynamic responses of all the JRI adjustable models while providing excellent ride quality on the street.
Note: Sway bar arms are satin black, upper and lower control
arms are gloss black.
Note: Must use at least 17” wheels that require a minimum inside wheel diameter of 16.250".
Note: The Aluma-Frame will need to be modified to clear the alternator on the Coyote engine application. Detroit Speed offers an alternator relocation bracket that will be required along with modifying the Aluma-Frame to fit the Coyote engine. Call for details.
Note: For competition applications, the Detroit Speed rack & pinion fluid transfer conversion kit will replace the hardlines on your Detroit Speed rack & pinion using -4 AN steel fittings. The hoses are Teflon lined to handle the high pressure demands of the steering system and come with pre-crimped stainless steel fittings to attach to the -4 AN fittings.